It’s The Law Of The Land….
On today’s edition (Thursday, 03/20/’14) of “The Five” on The Fox News Channel, Bob Beckel~the show’s resident socio-fascist commie-lib~repeated one of his on-going, outrageous statements in support of “Clown Prince” obama‘s failed obamaKare. His ludicrous statement, thus:
“By the time you’re able to change this thing [obamaKare] even with the Senate, if ya get a republican president, this is now done, it’s the law of the land, it’s never gonna be changed…”
“…in 2017 when a republican president is sworn in, they can move a bill, there’ll be millions and millions and millions of people involved in this, obamaKare [Andrea Tantaros interrupts], all I’m sayin’ it’s a done-deal, ya lost, ya might as well get used to it and find another way to do it…”
O.K., Mr Beckel, let’s look at other “laws-of-the-land” and how they’ve fared:
Slavery in the USA.
1. The first slaves used by Europeans in what later became United States territory were among Lucas Vásquez de Ayllón‘s colonization attempt of North Carolina in 1526.
2. In 1619 twenty Africans were brought by a Dutch soldier and sold to the English colony of Jamestown, Virginia as indentured servants.
3. The 1625 Virginia census lists one black as coming on a ship that appears to only have landed people in Virginia prior to 1619.
4. It was not until the Slave Codes of 1705 that the status of African Americans as slaves would be sealed.
5. This status would last for another 160 years, until after the end of the American Civil War with the ratification of the 13th Amendment in December 1865.
Or, how ’bout booze and the resultant prohibition?
1. Both legal and illegal alcoholic beverages have existed almost “forever” in the portion of North America that later became the United States.
2. The 18th Amendment was approved by the requisite number of states (36) on January 16, 1919, thereafter ratified and the country ‘went dry’ one year hence, on January 17, 1920.
3. ‘Prohibition’ was in effect for nearly fourteen years. The 18th Amendment was repealed by the ratification of the 21st Amendment on December 5, 1933.
For Mr Beckel‘s edification:
a) Slavery [as ‘the-law-of-the-land’] in America existed for +/- 339 years, depending on who’s counting;
b) Prohibition [as ‘the-law-of-the-land’] existed for nearly 14 years;
c) obamaKare [as ‘the-law-of-the-land’] has existed since March 23, 2010, when “Clown Prince” obama signed this failing/failed bill into law. It must be pointed out to Mr Beckel that obamaKare has NEVER ENJOYED THE SUPPORT OF THE MAJORITY, NEVER!!
Excepting obamaKare, the aforementioned ‘laws-of-the-land’ have either been nullified by law or repealed by Constitutional Amendment. Bob Beckel is delusional if he believes that obamaKare will continue to be the ‘law-of-the-land’ beyond the “Clown Prince‘s” reign! The “millions and millions and millions” of obamaKare enrollees Beckel refers to are immaterial; compare them to the millions of slaves at slavery’s height. Numbers~particularly of those being screwed by the federal government, the law~don’t mean shit versus the SIGNIFICANT majority opposed to the law!! Depending upon the makeup of the Senate, the failed law may well be repealed AND SURVIVE A DICTATORIAL VETO!!
That’s all I got.
My Blather… March Twentieth.. Bob Beckel
March 20, 2014
It’s The Law Of The Land….