New Players; Same Game!
Does John Boehner realize that ‘his team’ won? Seems not to be the case! His ‘team’s’ tax bill negotiators are ‘playing defense‘ as usual; not taking the opposition to the wall in what should be their demand that the results of the last election be recognized.
Even though the ‘new players’ are not yet in the game, ‘the team’ should play as though the new guys are–at least–on the bench!! If ‘Coach’ Boehner doesn’t want to play ‘offense,’ then walk off the field-DO NOT RETURN until the new guys are ‘suited up‘ and ready to play!!
There’s absolutely no reason–except maybe, honoring the “good ol’ boy” network–to have the first piece of ‘PORK’ in the impending tax-rate continuation bill!! The obamacRATs are claiming ‘stimulus’ effects of this bill-NOT SO!! The “Clown Prince’s” fiscal policies have proved time and again: PORK DOES NOT STIMULATE!!
Sharper minds than mine have elucidated on this topic, this past Friday:
- Charles Krauthammer (in calling the bill-‘The Swindle of the Year’): Barack Obama won the great tax-cut showdown of 2010 — and House Democrats don’t have a clue that he did. In the deal struck this week, the president negotiated the biggest stimulus in American history, larger than his $814 billion 2009 stimulus package. It will pump a trillion borrowed Chinese dollars into the U.S. economy over the next two years — which just happen to be the two years of the run-up to the next presidential election. This is a defeat? [….]
- The Heritage Foundation (Morning Bell: There is no Tax Bill’): On Wednesday, Vice President Joe Biden reportedly told House Democrats that the tax deal cut with Republicans was a “take it or leave it” proposition that could not be changed. But by last night, after fierce opposition from his leftist base, President Barack Obama was singing a different tune, telling NPR: “My sense is there are going to be discussions between both House and Senate leadership about all the final elements of the package. Keep in mind we didn’t actually write a bill.” Well now Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D–NV) has submitted a bill, and it is clear that negotiations are still very much open … at least for the left. Politico reports that in order to buy the votes of Senators Maria Cantwell (D–WA) and Barbara Boxer (D–CA), Reid added cash subsidies for wind and solar corporations that were originally part of Obama’s first failed stimulus. [….]
Represent The Voters…. Oh, Really?!?!
Thursday’s “Roll Call” published an article that the obamacRATic caucus voting on the tax bill will not include those who were recently defeated or those choosing retirement. Only the most ‘fascist’ of obamacRATs will be allowed to vote. Current Speaker PORKlosi is denying the out-going obamacRATs a vote in representing their constintuents. The ‘true’ fascists will be the only ones voting on the tax rate continuation bill… and these guys are the ones droppin the ‘F-bombs’ on the “Clown Prince!!” Speaker PORKlosi’s actions are far more clearly UNconstitutional than is ‘obamaCare!!’ Does losing a majority position cause one to lose common sense, as well?!?!
Where’s “Clown Prince” obama On THESE bonuses?Again from “Roll Call,” this time a report on bonuses paid to campaign staff-even those in losing efforts!! republicRAT Rep. Tim Murphy’s campaign reported giving out the most money following the election as the Pennsylvania Republican filed reports detailing $50,000 in bonuses to the Federal Election Commission.
- Rep.-elect Kevin Yoder (R-Kan.) doled out $31,000 to 11 members of his campaign staff after receiving almost 58 percent of the vote.
- Rep. Jim Himes (D-Conn.) wrote $31,000 worth of checks to eight campaign staffers after receiving 53 percent of the vote.
- Rep.-elect Sean Duffy (R-Wis.) gave three of his vendors $30,000 in bonuses after defeating Democrat Julie Lassa to win the seat vacated by Rep. David Obey (D).
- obamacRAT Ann McLane Kuster paid 15 people on her staff bonuses totaling $17,000 after narrowly losing her New Hampshire race to Rep.-elect Charlie Bass (R).
- obamacRAT Thomas Hayhurst paid bonuses to seven campaigners totaling $7,000 after losing badly to Rep. Marlin Stutzman (R-Ind.).
- obamacRAT Russell Edwards paid four staffers a sum of $3,000 after getting half the votes secured by Rep. Paul Broun (R-Ga.).
- republicRAT Beth Anne Rankin paid $3,000 to three campaign staffers after losing to Rep. Mike Ross (D-Ark.).